The 1980s are sometimes referred to as the Decade of Excess.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of the 1980’s
- Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev’s policies of glasnost and perestroika began the end of the Cold War.
- The eruption of Mount St. Helens.
- The oil spill of the Exxon Valdez.
- The Ethiopian famine.
- Rubik’s Cube.
- Pac-Man video game.
- Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video.
- The fall of the Berlin Wall.
- Julie Krejci got Married.
About the 1980’s
The US Population Was:
The California Population Was:
The Azusa Population Was:
The AHS Student Body Population Was:
The Average Salary - Male Was:
The Average Salary - Female Was:
The Average Cost of Home in Azusa:
The Gasoline Cost Was:
The Food Cost - Loaf of Bread Was:
The Food Cost - 1 Gallon Milk Was:
The Food Cost - 1 Dozen Lg Eggs Was:
The Food Cost - 1lb Coffee Was:
The 1980’s Graduates
News for the 1980’s
Azusa High Alma Mater June 10, 2018 - Who remembers our Alma Mater? Did you sing it or play it in the band? Marching proudly ever forward To victory and to fame Azusa High our Alma Mater Glorious is thy name. Through the years our hearts will cherish Times we spent with you Memories will never perish We're forever true. Continue Reading ...