… hippies, drugs, protests, and rock ‘n roll. A joke goes, “If you remember the ’60s, you weren’t there.”
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of the 1960’s
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. made his “I Have a Dream” speech.
- The U.S. entered the Vietnam War.
- The Berlin Wall was built.
- The Soviets launched the first man into space.
- President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
- The Stonewall Riots.
- We saw the beginnings of gay rights.
- We saw the Women’s Lib movement.
- We saw the continuing and growing civil rights movement.
- The Beatles became popular.